Share this with
When you only have a few days and want a vacation that’s bite-sized but more than memorable…
1 | Costa Rica
Teeming with wildlife and gifted with astonishing panoramas, Costa Rica is made for adventure, though travelers seeking R&R will love it too. Its seven provinces include towering volcanos and lush jungles plus Instagram-worthy beaches, rivers, and streams, making this destination perfect year-round.
- Raft Costa Rica’s whitewater or for a mellower commune with nature, paddle a kayak or canoe
- Explore the landscape from above via zipline, cable car or walkways that wind through the canopy
- Experience world-class golf (we love the Four Seasons Resort for this)
- Witness monkeys, sloths, and other wonderful creatures while hiking with a private guide
Hotels we love: Four Seasons Resort and Andaz Resort at Peninsula Papagayo, El Silencio Lodge & Spa
To learn more about Costa Rica click here.
2 | Mayakoba
An exclusive enclave located along the pristine beachfront of the Riviera Maya, Mayakoba is everything you could want for a rejuvenating, sun-filled holiday. Bask in the spectacular scenery of this luxurious hideaway.
- Relax with a great read on a beach of sugary sand
- Practice your swing at the PGA Tour-rated El Camaleon Golf Course
- Snorkel the second-largest coral reef in the world
- Spend a morning diving amongst tropical fish, stingrays, and whale sharks
Hotels we love: Rosewood, Banyan Tree, Andaz
3 | Aspen
A well-known getaway for the world’s elite, Aspen’s reputation for exceptional skiing and outdoor activities is only surpassed by its legendary après ski scene. Nestled in the snow-topped peaks of the Elk Mountains, Aspen is surrounded by extraordinary beauty no matter the season.
- Dine on delectable French American cuisine at Cache Cache or savor yummy fondue at Cloud Nine, a ski-in ski-out bistro atop the lift by the same name
- Enjoy incredible shopping at Aspen’s premier boutiques and art galleries
- Tackle the slopes at the Highlands, Snowmass or Buttermilk resorts
- Pamper yourself at Heaven on Earth one of the city’s most stylish day spas
Hotels we love: The Little Nell, St. Regis, Hotel Jerome, The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch
4 | Puerto Rico
A sun-kissed paradise, Puerto Rico is known for its rich history, majestic mountains, gorgeous beaches, and welcoming locals plus the largest shopping center in the Caribbean
- Spend the day admiring works of 17th Century art at the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico
- Dance your cares away at La Placita, a Farmer’s market by day a hopping outdoor nightclub by night
Hotels we love: Dorado Beach – A Ritz Carlton Reserve, St. Regis Bahia Beach, Serafina Beach Hotel
5 | Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas is home to stunning shores, copious watersports, and a spirited nightlife. The hard part: figuring out what to do first. How about jet skiing or parasailing? Or maybe horseback riding? There’s very little you can’t do in this exhilarating hotspot.
- Charter a boat for some of the best deep-sea fishing in the world
- Play 18 holes on courses “Golf Digest” describes as “surreal mountains-meet-desert-meets tropics”
- Savor fresh ceviche, fish tacos, or shellfish at one of the city’s many mouthwatering restaurants
- Be eternally entertained by breaching humpbacks, playful dolphins or curious sea lions during a thrilling private zodiac expedition
Hotels we love: Montage Los Cabos, One&Only Palmilla, Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a Rosewood Resort
To learn more about Mexico click here.