Brand: Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc.
Date: March, 2016
- Austrian Airlines – non-stop YYZ to Vienna.
- Great food and service.
- Lie-flat Business Class, comfortable seats that you can adjust the firmness of the cushion, and a massage option.
- Award-winning movies, large tv screens.
Hotel Bristol, A Luxury Collection – Vienna
- Best hotel location in Vienna.
- Right beside the Opera. The opera has a show almost every day for those who are interested and switches every day.
- In April/May and Sept, the opera projects their live shows on the outside of the building, and you can see this from your balcony at the hotel.
- Very authentic Austrian décor/design/feel.
- They do have a few more modern rooms/suites for those who want a more modern feel, and this location.
Hotel Imperial, A Luxury Collection – Vienna
- The building used to be a palace, very grand looking.
- State officials would stay here. Very Historical.
- Beautiful hotel was recently refurbished, gorgeous grand staircase.
Le Meridien, Vienna
- Very modern look, very artsy.
- Business and entertainment clientele.
- New hotel owners.
- Lobby and main level will be redone over the next few months, and then rooms will get done very soon.
- Rooms are nice, with light wood furniture, and the beds are very low.
Goldener Hirsch, A Luxury Collection – Salzburg
- Michelin star restaurant – had an amazing meal here.
- Best location and most popular hotel for the music festivals.
- Lots of stairs and a confusing layout, but you are led to your room when you arrive.
- The furniture and décor were pink furniture and bedding and drapes, green floors, and light wood furniture. Country home feel.
- Nice location, 10 mins from the old town.
- Really nice club level, voted one of the best club lounges for Sheraton.
- Right next to a park where some of the Sound of Music was filmed.
- Only saw a junior suite, it was a very nice, and great view.
Schloss Fuschl, A Luxury Collection – Salzburg
- Amazing resort and spa
- 30 mins away from Salzburg.
- Beautiful property, lake cottages available, water activities (canoes) available down by the water.
- The Spa is lovely, with sauna and steam rooms and a relaxation area away from the pool area.
- They have an outdoor area with fur blankets to snuggle up and enjoy the view.
- Rooms are gorgeous, definitely book a Grand Deluxe room because of the view!
- My favorite was Hotel Bristol, that’s just my preference. I felt it was authentic Austrian. It had a little French balcony and was a large room.
- The Sound of Music tour in Salzburg was ok……I think it depends on the guide. You seem to drive by a lot of the major sites, and not actually get out. Everybody loves the movie, but then it gets ruined by the guide saying, “well that didn’t actually happen…” ….I know a lot of people love this tour, so it may have just been my experience.
- Visited a place called Hangar-7 in Salzburg, owned by Red Bull (Red Bull is from Austria! And the headquarters is across the lake from Schloss Fuschl resort). Really cool venue! Has a collection of airplanes, helicopters, race cars, etc. all with Red Bull logos. And some nice places to eat here.
- Had an amazing private tour of the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna, with the Art Director. He was very knowledgeable and shared stories about the pieces in the museum. Was really cool. And the museum was voted as one of the most beautiful museums in the world by Conde Nast.
– The Tully Team